The following Posting Policy applies to those who choose to use the McDonald's Restaurants of Canada Limited ("McDonald's") Ask McDonald's Canada website (the "Website"). By using this Website and submitting a question, photo, image, video and/or other materials or information (each a "Submission"), you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Posting Policy.
- You acknowledge that the Website primarily contains submissions, materials and information that pertain to McDonald's restaurants, products and operations in Canada. As such, McDonald's reserves the right to filter, limit or prohibit any Submissions that may originate from users outside of Canada, as the information contained on the Website may not be applicable or relevant to McDonald's restaurants, products and operations in other areas of the world.
- By posting a Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the restrictions as set out below (collectively, the "Submission Restrictions"). While we will not be able to monitor every posting, McDonald's reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to block, remove, edit, or otherwise modify any Submission that does not adhere to these Submission Restrictions, this Posting Policy or other policies that can govern the use of the McDonalds.ca website.
- Please respect other users. This means that any comments or other materials you submit must not be inappropriate, abusive or otherwise offensive, and must not contain, depict or involve any of the following (without limitation): profanity or otherwise explicit, suggestive or offensive language; violent or derogatory characterizations of any group or individual, or which promote harassment or discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; content that endorses or condones any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity or behaviour or any particular political agenda or message; any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable, indecent, obscene, offensive, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, all as determined by McDonald's in its sole discretion and may be removed without notice.
- McDonald's respects intellectual property laws. By posting and/or submitting material to this Website, you represent that you have the right to share the material in your Submission, including (without limitation) trade-marks and copyrighted material. Do not post or submit any third party materials, unless you have first obtained consent from the owner of such materials. Your Submission cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, other than yourself, without permission. For example:
- Without limiting the generality of the above, if McDonald's deems any avatar or image contained in your Submission to be unsuitable, McDonald's may substitute a generic icon and proceed with using other portions of your Submission without any further consent or notice to you.
- In order to avoid repetitive content on the Website, where your Submission is similar to a question or comment that has already been posted and answered, McDonald's reserves the right not to post your Submission and/or to direct you to where McDonald's has already replied to that comment or question.
- Comments or opinions expressed on the Website are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this Website do not represent or reflect the views of McDonald's, its management, its franchisees or their respective employees. McDonald's is not responsible for, and disclaims any liability in relation to, the comments/materials posted by contributors to the Website.
- In addition to the rights that you grant to Twitter/Facebook, you (and your parent/legal guardian if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence) hereby grant to McDonald's and its affiliates, in perpetuity, a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use your Submission (in any format or media); and (ii) waive all moral rights in and to your Submission in favour of McDonald's. This includes the right to use any ideas you submit (including ideas about our products or advertising campaigns) in any manner that we choose, without any obligation to you whatsoever.
- Any Submission that is deemed to contain advertisements, "spam" or junk mail content, or references to other websites will be removed by McDonald's at its sole discretion.
- Please remember that this Website is public. For your own safety, please do not post or submit any personal information about yourself or third parties (e.g. personal names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or license plate numbers).
- You hereby agree to release and hold harmless McDonald's, its affiliated companies and its franchisees, and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors and assigns from and against any and all claims based on the materials you post and/or submit, including (without limitation) claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
If at any time you wish to request that McDonald's remove any materials that you have submitted, please submit your removal request to the following e-mail account email@example.com, and clearly specify the content you wish to have removed. Please note we may need to contact you for further information regarding a removal, and as such by submitting a removal request you are authorizing McDonald's to contact you about that request at the e-mail address from which your request originates. McDonald's will make reasonable efforts to honour any removal request within ten (10) business days of receipt of such request.